Plethra

Welcome!

This is a collaboratively edited question and answer site for power users of Plethra hardware and software. It's 100% free to participate.

Computer Sounds Through All Zones Issue

0 votes

I have an issue in that my computer sounds play throughout all the zones in my house (when I get an email notification sound or when I play a video). Is there a way to override that?

asked Sep 16, 2015 by user1182 (23 points)
Can you please describe your setup? How do you have your zones configured? Are they all playing from a single sound card? Is this Mac, Windows, or Linux? We need more information.
Do you experience the same problem even without a session being present in audio|acacia? How about if audio|acacia isn't even installed? I'm thinking that this has something to do with how the sound card is configured, either within the Windows sound manager and/or within the Realtek control panel. Have you fiddled with various settings?
I was experiancing the same issue with computer sounds being present even without a session being created. I uninstalled Audio Acacia and it was still happening. I tried to re-install Audio Acacia and went to Config and my inputs are no longer even showing. I am only seeing the other computer on the network that I created.
Now inputs aren't showing? Or do you mean outputs? I would try various sound card settings within the operating system and/or the sound card control panel. You will likely need to restart audio|acacia each time you change a setting to see if it resolves the issue. If you still don't have any luck, you should contact support.

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

If this problem is still not resolved, please open a support ticket.

answered Feb 29, 2016 by user1 (1,094 points)