Plethra

Welcome!

This is a collaboratively edited question and answer site for power users of Plethra hardware and software. It's 100% free to participate.

Feature Request List - audio|acacia

0 votes

We have hundreds of ideas on how we want to make audio|acacia better. But ultimately it is the requests from our users that drive where we focus our development efforts. For this reason, we have created this official feature request list.

Here is how it works:

-UpVote the Features that you want to see implemented the most
-DownVote the Features that you believe will never be useful to you
-If a Feature you want to suggest doesn't exist, add it as an Answer
-The "Selected Answer" is the requested feature we are currently working on implementing

Once a feature from this list has been implemented, it will be removed and a new feature from the list will be chosen.

asked Oct 10, 2013 by user1 (1,094 points)

41 Answers

+1 vote

Add paging input ability for home automation systems.

This platform has the potential to be an amazing home automation audio centerpiece. One thing lacking is the ability to have a paging input that overrides the currently playing source. An example would be door-bell, phone ringing, announcements from automation system, Alexa or OK Google output. I'd like to take the output from my Amazon Dot and send it into Audio Acacia then whenever Alexa speaks to me, I can hear it on my good speakers anywhere in the house and not on the Dot's crappy speaker.

Further, there is potential to take this further with eventual support for intercom style audio routing.

answered Nov 7, 2016 by user1665 (25 points)
0 votes

"Eclectic Playlist" Support:

The ability to create and manage playlists that may include items from a variety of sources and locations.

answered Apr 7, 2014 by user1 (1,094 points)
0 votes

Samsung Wireless Multi-Room Audio Device Support:
The ability to play to Samsung's multiroom audio line of products, including the SHAPE and Radiant360 speakers, in sync with other audio-endpoints.

answered Jan 6, 2016 by user1 (1,094 points)
0 votes

An Alarm function would be quite useful to me.

Standard stuff: configure days, hours, periodicity, which playlist (or radio, or ...) to play at fire time

answered May 12, 2016 by user1489 (15 points)
0 votes

It would be nice if we could assign different icons to different sinks, at the moment I have a couple of airport express' and a couple of raspberry pis running shairport-sync so all of these have the same airport express icon.

Ideally it would be nice to have room icons so a kitchen icon like

http://www.flaticon.com/free-icon/restaurant-cutlery_83410#term=kitchen&page=1&position=32

or a bedroom icon

http://www.flaticon.com/free-icon/double-king-size-bed_76272#term=bed&page=1&position=13

or other icons for things like garden, lounge, bathroom etc. Alternatively allow us to upload our own svg or png icons and assign them to devices on the main server.

answered Sep 27, 2016 by user1627 (35 points)
This is already possible with our configuration client (http://config.plethra.com). However it is currently limited to Acacia sinks. The server can run directly on a raspberry pi and allow you to change the icon. This request should be taken as an enhancement to allow changing icons for non-acacia sinks and user provided icons.
0 votes

Manual latency correction is needed.

This is a great and useful feature in Airfoil, however they expose it as a slider that is difficult to make perfect. Please don't do that.

answered Nov 7, 2016 by user1665 (25 points)
–1 vote

"Last.fm Scrobbling" Support:
The ability to "scrobble" track listening history to a user's last.fm profile.

answered Oct 10, 2013 by user1 (1,094 points)
edited Oct 11, 2013 by user1
–1 vote

"Listening Session" Visualizations:
The ability to see visualizations, such as a VU Meter, of a listening session's audio.

answered Oct 19, 2013 by user1 (1,094 points)
–1 vote

Native vTuner Integration

answered Oct 23, 2013 by user597 (23 points)
–1 vote

Official Media Monkey Library Integration

answered Dec 4, 2013 by user185 (15 points)